Ottawa renovators were the recipients of several awards recently: national, provincial, and local....Read More
By Francie Healy With characteristic grace, Herb Lagois of Lagois Design-Build-Renovate calls his...Read More
Preliminary round voting has started in the renovations and design categories for the Ottawa Citizen People’s Choice Award in the Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association (GOHBA) Housing Design awards. There are...Read More
GOHBA Housing Design Awards: Renovator RND’s Roy Nandrom wins two prestige awards as glory shared with many others at gala evening combining surprise and diversity
Oct 25, 2016 | Awards
The annual Greater Ottawa Home Builders Association (GOHBA) Housing Design Awards combined...Read More
May 10, 2016 | Awards
Amsted-Design Build has received a national Canadian Home Builders Association (CHBA) Award for...Read More
Apr 26, 2016 | Awards
The National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) Ottawa chapter celebrated success at the sixth...Read More
The Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association along with the Housing Design Awards Committee...Read More
Paul Scissons, responsible for sales and marketing at Ottawa Renovates magazine, has received the...Read More
Oct 11, 2015 | Awards
Amsted Design-Build received the Renovator of the Year Award at the 2015 Greater Ottawa Home...Read More
How to find a renovator
What is RenoMark™?
RenoMark™ renovators are held to the highest industry standards. They have to do the big things – carry $2 million liability insurance and enforce strict workplace safety – and the smaller things that give you comfort: pledge to call you back within two business days, for instance.
RenoMark™ renovators must pay a fee to be certified. They must also follow detailed guidelines. In addition to insurance, safety and courtesy, they must:
• Give you a detailed written contract for all jobs, big or small
• Provide a minimum two-year warranty on all work except minor repair
• Carry the proper licences and permits
• Keep their worksite organized and safe
• In the Ottawa area, be a member in good standing of the Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association (GOHBA) and abide by the GOHBA Code of Ethics.
• Stay current, through consistent and continuing education, in their professional knowledge of building codes, permit procedures and technical skills.