Dear Renovator, Help! Since the beginning of the pandemic, we have both been working from home,...Read More
Ask a Renovator – Can you help us figure out what kind of cabinetry we could have, especially if we need to work around so many windows?
Dear Renovator, We are in the midst of planning a whole new addition to our home. We want it to be...Read More
By Lori DiSaverio Dear Renovator, We’re just starting to think about having our kitchen renovated....Read More
By Gerhard Linse Wider Roof Overhangs Usually 28” to 36” and more with 8” to 10” stepped facias....Read More
Adam Mallett, Chief Administrator and Co-Owner of Westend Bath and Kitchen, has been connected to...Read More
How to find a renovator
What is RenoMark™?
RenoMark™ renovators are held to the highest industry standards. They have to do the big things – carry $2 million liability insurance and enforce strict workplace safety – and the smaller things that give you comfort: pledge to call you back within two business days, for instance.
RenoMark™ renovators must pay a fee to be certified. They must also follow detailed guidelines. In addition to insurance, safety and courtesy, they must:
• Give you a detailed written contract for all jobs, big or small
• Provide a minimum two-year warranty on all work except minor repair
• Carry the proper licences and permits
• Keep their worksite organized and safe
• In the Ottawa area, be a member in good standing of the Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association (GOHBA) and abide by the GOHBA Code of Ethics.
• Stay current, through consistent and continuing education, in their professional knowledge of building codes, permit procedures and technical skills.