By Francie Healy It’s stunning. Jaw-droppingly beautiful. And to think it grew out of an...Read More
Category: Designer Profile
May 31, 2017 | Designer Profile
By Francie Healy For more than 45 years, kitchens in Ottawa and beyond have been transformed...Read More
May 30, 2016 | Designer Profile
Ottawa’s largest and most established full service renovator ha returned to its roots with new...Read More
May 16, 2016 | Designer Profile
Some people go to big-box stores to select their kitchens or baths. They choose from a whole catalogue of cabinetry created en masse in a factory. They can have anything they want, as long as it has already been manufactured...Read More
Apr 10, 2016 | Designer Profile
Green renovation by Roy Nandram Energy efficiency is only effective when you are comfortable. When you’re not, you’ll probably seek alternative means of heating and cooling: electric space heaters and cooling fans, for instance....Read More
Jun 14, 2015 | Designer Profile
This is part of a series of member-supplied business profiles originally published on the GOHBA...Read More
How to find a renovator
What is RenoMark™?
RenoMark™ renovators are held to the highest industry standards. They have to do the big things – carry $2 million liability insurance and enforce strict workplace safety – and the smaller things that give you comfort: pledge to call you back within two business days, for instance.
RenoMark™ renovators must pay a fee to be certified. They must also follow detailed guidelines. In addition to insurance, safety and courtesy, they must:
• Give you a detailed written contract for all jobs, big or small
• Provide a minimum two-year warranty on all work except minor repair
• Carry the proper licences and permits
• Keep their worksite organized and safe
• In the Ottawa area, be a member in good standing of the Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association (GOHBA) and abide by the GOHBA Code of Ethics.
• Stay current, through consistent and continuing education, in their professional knowledge of building codes, permit procedures and technical skills.