By Francie Healy When you join this year’s Renotour, you might be on a boat. You might be at a...Read More
Sep 22, 2020 | News
With the help of local Habitat families, donors, community partners and volunteers, Habitat for...Read More
Renovating in a pandemic: Procedures and timelines might be different, but you can still get your project done
By Patrick Langston All Things Home Almost six months after the coronavirus threw Ontario’s...Read More
Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association, Ottawa Renovators’ Council By Bob Ridley Greetings and...Read More
Message from the Chair By Bob Ridley Greetings and welcome to the Spring 2020 edition of Ottawa...Read More
RENOTOUR 2019: Nine locations showcase renovation trends from nine of Ottawa’s innovative RENOMARK® renovators
Find what you’re looking for on the RENOTOUR 2019 renovation showcase Kitchens, bathrooms,...Read More
By Bob Ridley Greetings and welcome to the Fall 2019 edition of Ottawa Renovates! My name is Bob...Read More
Sep 21, 2019 | News
Habitat for Humanity Greater Ottawa is doubling our build numbers in 2019 to provide more...Read More
How to find a renovator
What is RenoMark™?
RenoMark™ renovators are held to the highest industry standards. They have to do the big things – carry $2 million liability insurance and enforce strict workplace safety – and the smaller things that give you comfort: pledge to call you back within two business days, for instance.
RenoMark™ renovators must pay a fee to be certified. They must also follow detailed guidelines. In addition to insurance, safety and courtesy, they must:
• Give you a detailed written contract for all jobs, big or small
• Provide a minimum two-year warranty on all work except minor repair
• Carry the proper licences and permits
• Keep their worksite organized and safe
• In the Ottawa area, be a member in good standing of the Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association (GOHBA) and abide by the GOHBA Code of Ethics.
• Stay current, through consistent and continuing education, in their professional knowledge of building codes, permit procedures and technical skills.