By Roy Nandram COVID-19 has brought many unexpected changes to people’s lives all across the...Read More
Category: Green Renovation
Mar 24, 2020 | Green Renovation
By Roy Nandram As a homeowner, how aware are you of indoor air pollution? It’s an important thing...Read More
Sep 21, 2019 | Green Renovation
It’s urgent. Climate change is affecting the stability of our planet. We must take action now by...Read More
Mar 26, 2019 | Green Renovation
Don’t let mould and other culprits hurt you. What’s lurking in your basement can affect your...Read More
Do you have a client that is planning a major renovation or new custom home project? Do they want...Read More
Apr 17, 2017 | Green Renovation
By Roy Nandram Natural resources are becoming more scarce and more expensive, and yet people are...Read More
Whether it acts as a centerpiece or simply as a means to travel from one floor level to the other,...Read More
How to find a renovator
What is RenoMark™?
RenoMark™ renovators are held to the highest industry standards. They have to do the big things – carry $2 million liability insurance and enforce strict workplace safety – and the smaller things that give you comfort: pledge to call you back within two business days, for instance.
RenoMark™ renovators must pay a fee to be certified. They must also follow detailed guidelines. In addition to insurance, safety and courtesy, they must:
• Give you a detailed written contract for all jobs, big or small
• Provide a minimum two-year warranty on all work except minor repair
• Carry the proper licences and permits
• Keep their worksite organized and safe
• In the Ottawa area, be a member in good standing of the Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association (GOHBA) and abide by the GOHBA Code of Ethics.
• Stay current, through consistent and continuing education, in their professional knowledge of building codes, permit procedures and technical skills.