What to ask your renovator…before you sign a contract
If you don’t ask, you won’t know.
And when it comes to hiring a company to renovate your home, you really do need to know.
There are at least 10 questions you should ask your professional renovator before you sign a contract.
We asked Revelstoke Developments and Crossford Construction to tell us what they are, and this is their list:
- Have you undertaken this type of renovation in the past?
- What issues or problems can arise once work begins? How do you deal with them?
- How long have you been in business under this company name?
- Are you or your company registered with all governing bodies for this industry?
- Can you provide an example of a situation that was not foreseen, that caused a delay or cost increase? How did you resolve that to everyone’s satisfaction?
- Do you have your own employees, or do you use sub-contractors only?
- How many projects of this scale do you have on the go or in the foreseeable future?
- What is not included in your quotation that you know I will need?
- What’s the best way of communicating with each other? How available will you be?
- What insurance do you have? What guarantees will we have after the work is finished?
Once you’ve had these questions answered, don’t forget to see references.
If you see the RenoMark® logo connected with your contractor’s name, there’s a good chance all these questions are covered.
But ask anyway. You deserve to know.