The roots of Urban Quarry date back to 1986 when Laurent Bellavance co-founded Marble Unlimited...Read More
Jul 5, 2017 | Uncategorized
Renovating? Put on your thinking cap. It’s time to do some serious dreaming. Professional...Read More
Mar 14, 2017 | Uncategorized
We’re preparing the final layouts for the Spring 2017 issue of Ottawa Renovates. Watch for...Read More
Mar 7, 2017 | Uncategorized
Feb 25, 2017 | Uncategorized
Feb 9, 2017 | Uncategorized
Ottawa renovator Amsted Design-Build has been recognized for their seventh consecutive Guildmaster...Read More
Jan 25, 2017 | Uncategorized
A look at Ottawa’s $3.26 billion 2017 draft budget The city last week tabled its draft budget for...Read More
How to find a renovator
What is RenoMark™?
RenoMark™ renovators are held to the highest industry standards. They have to do the big things – carry $2 million liability insurance and enforce strict workplace safety – and the smaller things that give you comfort: pledge to call you back within two business days, for instance.
RenoMark™ renovators must pay a fee to be certified. They must also follow detailed guidelines. In addition to insurance, safety and courtesy, they must:
• Give you a detailed written contract for all jobs, big or small
• Provide a minimum two-year warranty on all work except minor repair
• Carry the proper licences and permits
• Keep their worksite organized and safe
• In the Ottawa area, be a member in good standing of the Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association (GOHBA) and abide by the GOHBA Code of Ethics.
• Stay current, through consistent and continuing education, in their professional knowledge of building codes, permit procedures and technical skills.